MAPS AND MAP RESOURCES
To get the most out of the Donner Summit Area, which is mostly undeveloped, it is important to know where things are. The best way to do that in most cases is to have a map. On this page you will find a collection of various maps of the Serene Lakes and Summit area that provide all sorts of information you might find handy. Also listed are a number of map resources that can futher enhance your knowledge of the area.
SERENE LAKES MAPS
DONNER SUMMIT AND ROYAL GORGE AREA MAPS
SKI RESORT TRAIL MAPS
- OnTheSummit.net- extensive maps and descriptions and elevation profiles of trails in the Donner Summit area. Also includes KML files for use with computers, smartphones and tablets
- Google Earth - the gold standard for world-wide satellite mapping, available for computers, smartphones and tablets
- Placer County Geographical Information System (GIS)- this system provides official geographical and government information for all of Placer County
- Nevada County GIS - the official Nevada County geographical information system
- Wundermap - this mapping system produced by Weather Underground provides a rich amount of information about all aspects of weather. It is extremely useful for monitoring fire and smoke activity as well as precipitation and doppler data.
- Zillow - this handy tool displays real estate information for properties in the summit area and provides an easy to use interface for looking up information on Serene Lakes properties